Of Course any kind of physical activity is better than nothing but if you are really pushed for time you should try total body workout moves to maximize you exercise time and get the most out of your workout. These exercise moves focus on multiple muscle groups rather than targeting one. They target your entire body and leaves you feeling fit, healthy and very energetic.
Today’s workout will be all total body workout drills. Feel free to add some of the other cardio workouts to this workout if you want to sweat a little more.
As always make sure you do 3-6 minutes of some sort of warm up and stretching before you start.
- Squat Press: Grab a weight medicine ball or a dumbell. Hold it out in front of you while sitting in to a squat. From squat position push to a standing position and continue to press the ball straight up until arms are fully extended above you. Complete 20-25 of these
- Push up with torso twist: Complete a regular pushup with arms elevated on a set of dumbell weights. As you come to the up position of your push-up twist your center and extend your arms. Return to push up position and Repeat on the other side. Complete 20-25 of these
- Burpee: Standing up right. Bring your amrs to the ground. Jump your feet back (making a plank with your body). Jump your feet back in. Then, Jump up. Complete 20-25 of these
- Bear Crawl: Coming all fours (hands and feet) walk across the room. When your right arm goes up so does your left leg and vice versa. Crawl for 1-2 minutes. Up hill is even better
- Plank Jacks. Lie face down and lift your body with your hands and feet. peform jumping jack like movements for 1-2 minutes.
- Isometric Plank: Lie in plank position without moving for 1-2 minutes.
Repeat this entire set 4-5 times.