In this fitness community we promote working out on at least one or more days of the weekend. Simply because this is when society USUALLY promotes downtime and leisure activity. Training your mind to do something when your body and everyone around you doesn’t want to do it or is not doing it is an important skill to have when trying to reach a weight loss goal.
A weekend workout doesn’t have to be vigorous or tedious in comparison to the physical activity that you do during the week. It can be something as fun as a team sport with family or friends. Many people successfully use the weekend to catch up on their time missed working out during the week.
Remember, it is recommended that you do 150 minutes or more of moderate exercise per week. I prefer more 🙂
This challenge will help you get through the weekend with a workout that forces you to challenge yourself. THE 2nd part of the workout build off of what you did for the first part
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED
- A light weight set of dumbbells
- A Timer
HERE IS WHAT YOU DO
1. Complete Part 1 workout below on Saturday. Make sure you have a pen and pad nearby because the numbers you write down will determine the workout you do on Sunday.
2. Complete Part 2 workout below on Sunday. Use the numbers from your Saturday Workout results to determine how many reps you do on Sunday.
Part 1 (DO THIS ON SATURDAY)
- SET YOUR TIMER FOR 2 minutes. Complete Each of the MOVES below for as many times as you can in two minutes.
- For the moves that work one side of your body at time make sure you switch to the other side after 1 minutes. For example during Exercise move #1 (turkish get ups) Place the weight in the right hand for 1 minute and then place the weight in the left hand for 1 minute
- Write down how many times you do each move on a sheet a paper to be used in Part 2.
Part 2 (DO THIS ON SUNDAY)
- Refer to your sheet of paper with the numbers that you did yesterday. YOU DO NOT NEED A TIMER TODAY
- Round 1: Complete Each of the moves below the SAME number of time that you did them yesterday. Take 2 minute run (In place, on a treadmill, or outside)
- Round 2: Add 5 reps to each of the moves and complete them all again. (If you did 10 reps of all of them in round 1 then you will do 15 reps of all of them this time) It doesn’t mater how long it takes you do it. Take 2 minute run (In place, on a treadmill, or outside)
- Round 3: Add 10 reps to each of the moves from round 2 and complete them all again. (If you did 15 reps of all of them in round 2 then you will do 25 reps of all of them this time) It doesn’t mater how long it takes you do it. take 2 minute run (In place, on a treadmill, or outside)
TURKISH GET UPS
DUMBBELL CHEST PRESS
LUNGE TO BALANCE
SIMULATION JUMP ROPE
TRICEP AB CRUNCH
OVER CHAIR AB KICKS