Before you rush to schedule your abdominoplasty “tummy tuck,” please know that it is possible to lose belly fat without going under the knife. You guys know what I always say about abs and stomach exercises. DON’T DO THEM EVERY DAY. There is no quick fix and no magic tricks to get your stomach flat. If you think you are going to do a few crunches and *POOF* have the belly of your dreams go ahead and click the X at the top right of your screen. This is not for you. I need you to really focus on eliminating processed foods from your diet by cutting back gradually (if not completely). An overall Healthy Lifestyle is the best way to reach your goals without surgery.
How to Skip the Abdominoplasty and Lose Belly Fat
You want to continue with your cardio exercises and get at least 60 minutes of Intense, Intense Cardio in 3 days a week and incorporated some total body strength training drills on the other days. Your goal is to build muscle not just in your tummy but all over. The muscle you build will speed your metabolism so that your body can burn more fat in those areas (including your stomach) that you hate. So forget about your belly for a while and focus on those things.. AND THEN (when you have gotten used to that fitness regimen and you are committed to doing it on a regular basis) Add this AMAZING TUMMY MAKEOVER to your regimen. These exercises added to your normal fitness regimen and healthy diet will without a doubt show significant changes to your mid section.
Be sure to continue to breathe during all of these moves. A good rule is to breath out as you go up and stay in constant control of your breath. I listed the minute marks for the video incase you don’t want to do all of these at once. Its good to do a few at the end of your workout.
- Full Situps – (minute mark 00:00 – 00:32) Feet flat on the ground. Use your core to come up to your knees. It helps to have something or someone hold your feet.
- Quick Pulses – (minute mark 00:33 – 00:48) – Feet 6″ off the ground or as close to the ground as possible and pulse
- Toe Tuches – (minute mark 00:49 – 01:02) – Feet up and legs straight. Attemp to touch your toes. Slow pulses
- Bicycle Abs- (minute mark 1:03 – 1:16) – lying flat with arms behind head (but barely touching) bring opposit knee in to touch opposite elblow
- Scissor cross kicks – (minute mark 01:18 – 01:32) -Feet 6″ off the ground or as close to the ground as possible and cross them over each other
- Side Plank twists – (minute mark 01:33 – 01:48) – Body in a side plank with feet stacked (or you can bend the leg closest to the ground) hold yourself up and twist.
- Wide leg Sit ups with Twist – (minute mark 01:49 – 02:07) – Legs spread futher than hip width apart, sit up and touch opposit toe
- Hip Touch Downs – (minute mark 02:08 – 02:24) – Body in a plank position and twist hips to ground.
- Oblique Planks – (minute mark 02:25 – 02:41)- Body in plank position and bring your knee up to your elbow.
Here are some of the workouts that I do using these exercises
- Each exercise 25 Reps and repeat (some days I only do it once )
- Each exercise for 60 seconds then repeat and do each exercise for 30 seconds. (some days I add a 45 second round in there but only when I only work abs that day)
- Pick 5 of the exercise and do it for 1 minute each. (I do this short one after a tough workout sometimes)
- Do 1 minute of each of these in between 2 minutes of hard core cardio (when Im dying for a high intense interval training
Tweet me @kim_fitness and let me know if you are doing this. ALso Please please forward this to your friends and tell them how much you love it. OH AND COMMENT BELOW tell me what exercise you think you can do this with. I am always looking for new ideas.