I am pretty sure you know that “breakfast is the most important meal of the day.” It’s all we hear on the news and in the media. Just like you probably know that “You should exercise to be healthy and lose weight”… The problem is not IGNORANCE. We know we should exercise. We know we should eat breakfast. We know we shouldn’t drink alcohol or think positively. The problem is the ability to apply things that we already know to our lives in a way that is practical and not so burdensome.
It’s difficult to know exactly what you should stop eating and what items to pick up at the market when trying to eat healthy on a budget. Especially, when marketing companies label everything bad is labeled good and healthy.
This guide is designed to help you Implement healthy eating habits into your daily regimen so that you can lose weight fast or meet any fitness goal.
A HEALTHY BREAKFAST IS ONE THAT HAS:
- Protein: Makes you alert so you won’t crash later.
- Carbohydrates: Deliver high fiber to help you feel full, is an energy source, and helps with digestion:
- A little (healthy) Fat: Reduces the risk of heart disease and stroke, reduce joint pains, and boosts immune systems.
There are loads of other benefits besides these as well. The main thing is to remember is that FOOD’S ONLY JOB is to provide fuel for your body. Don’t fill yourself up with things that will make you crash or that makes you emotionally satisfied for a moment. Read this piece on how to break from emotional eating.
STAY AWAY FROM BREAKFAST FOODS THAT
1. Are high in sugar: aim for around 6 grams
2. Are made with white flour or bread: aim for whole wheat as the first ingredient
3. Are high in saturated fat and transfats. Choose fat free, 1 percent, lean meats (97% is great)
YOUR BREAKFAST CHECK LIST
Make sure your breakfast have all of these components:
1. A Whole Grain
2. A Fruit and/or Vegetable
3. A Healthy Protein
4. A Healthy Fat
5. A Source of Calciumn 300-500 calories
6. Be between 300- 500 calories