If you are trying to lose weight fast, signing up for a race or walk is one of those ways to keep yourself on track and motivated. You’ve most likely heard of the Couch to 5k Weight Loss Plan. Essentially, it was created for those who don’t frequently exercise but want to lose are trying to lose belly fat or over all fat and are in need of a progressive plan to help them off of the couch.
If you are new to exercise, it’s important to set yourself up to win. You don’t want to pick a workout program that is too difficult or advanced. This increases the likelihood that you will quit. Instead, challenge yourself but start slow. Pick different workout programs that allow you to increase your efforts over time.
The video below is made up of moves that you can do while you on your couch. Let me point out that doing these exercise moves alone will not prepare you for a 5k but it’s a great place to start if you are working your way up to a beginner workout to lose weight or run a 5k. After you have been doing these for a while, try adding these moves to any of the other workouts that you find here at keep it moving fitness.
Couch to 5k Weight Loss Plan: Tips to get ready for the race.
- Get off the couch and start working out.
- start by walking 3 miles per week. Maybe 1 mile every other day or .5 miles every day. However you can split it up
- Slowly increase to 5 miles per week.
- Add some intervals in your walk. Maybe walk slow for 2 minutes then speed it up to a face walk or run for 1 minute and repeat until your mile is complete
- Do the exercises below while on the couch
- Add the exercises below to your walk/run
- Don’t give up