Christmas has come and gone and I must admit I had a bit TOO much of my favorite treats. Though they were yummy, I feel like CRAP. It’s as if my body is yelling…KIM WHAT DID YOU GIVE ME. I feel sluggish, extremely tired, my energy is low. I couldn’t even push myself out of the bed to workout this morning.
Because I’ve learned to listen to my body, I know that it’s telling me that I went on Sugar overload for my holiday vacation. When you overindulge in holiday treats like WINE, CHEESE, EGGNOG, CAKES, HAMS, TURKEYS, (just to name a few), the acid levels in your body sky rockets and the pH levels of your body is off, making you feel yucky like I feel right now.
In order for our bodies to feel better and full of energy, we need to offset that acid by increasing the alkaline we take in. We can do this by eating Dark Green Leafy Veggies, filling up on the nutrients that our body is lacking and, eliminating those foods that tip or blood levels to acidic.
The following is a 2-3 day cleanse that always gets my metabolism going, increases my energy levels, and cleanse my body of the toxins that got me feeling down. It can even aid in weight loss too!
THINGS YOU NEED
- 3 types of dark green leafy vegetables. Kale, Chard, Collards, Spinach, or whatever dark green you can get your hands on.
- Jalepeno Peppers
- Water, water, water
- Romain Lettus,
- Any kind of vegetables that you can eat raw (in case you get hungry)
- or anything else you can think of.
THE RULES OF THE CLEANSE
Please follow these rules for 2 or 3 days that you decide to do this cleanse
Things to Eliminate
- NO DAIRY PRODUCTS
- NO ANIMAL PRODUCTS
- NO COOKING AT ALL
- NO SUGAR (no splenda, no stevia, no sweet n low, no brown sugar…no sugar at all) which means no fruits other than the orange and grape fruit that is going in your juice)
- NO ALCOHOL or WINE
- NO PROCESSED FOODS AT ALL (nothing in a box, bag, container, or any kind of packaging). If you eat it you must be able to get it from the earth.
THINGS TO EAT/DRINK
- One 4-6 oz cup of HOT WATER with squeezed lemon juice in it EACH MORNING and EACH NIGHT before bed
- 8 oz of cool/warm water EVERY HOUR on the hour throughout the day (do this for at least 8 hours)
- 5 Glasses (8 oz) of SUPER CLEANSE JUICE (recipe below) thought the day. One for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and two other times thoughout the day.
- When/If you get hungry you can either drink more super cleanse juice OR eat some RAW (meaning not cooked at all) vegetables. You can make a salad with all raw vegetables (no salad dressing but you can squeeze lemon or vinegar over the salad).
SUPER CLEANSE JUICE RECIPE
- 1 Orange
- 1 Kale Bunch**
- 1 Jalepeno
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 Grapefuit
- 1 Romain Lettuce Stem
- 1 Chard leaf **
** you can substitute these items with any DARK DARK green vegetable you might have.
Instructions.Cut each item into pieces suitable for your blender. Add a few cubes of ice if you want it chilled. Combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. You might have to add more produce if you are using a juicer.
For an extra nutrient punch. ADD Flax seeds, protein powder, or chia seeds. These will make you feel more full too!.
Post pictures of you juice to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, using hashtag #KIMf #kimfitness