Sometimes getting to a gym might be more difficult than you would like. Maybe the weather has made it impossible or your budget won’t allow it. Whatever the case may be, this is not an excuse to workout; especially if you are trying to lose belly fat. They key to lasting weight loss results is consistency and hard work. A good way to ensure that you are always prepared to workout no matter where you are or what your budget is to incorporate a new equipment body weight workout into your fitness regimen. Your own body weight is the perfect tool to tone you up. Keep it moving fitness has various at home workouts and printable workouts that use only your body weight.
A Fun & Effective No Equipment Body Weight Workout
Check out this no equipment workout that I did in my living room. You absolutely can add a set of dumbbells for more resistance but this is a great workout alone. I recommend doing all 5 rounds 3-4 times if you are more advanced and 1-2 times if you are just starting out. Even if you have to split it up throughout the day.
I did the entire video 4 times and burned about 500 calories. Remember calories burned depends on the individual and is different for everyone. I recommend getting a heart rate monitor for a more accurate calorie calculation.
Don’t forget to Drink a protein drink mixed with your SunWarrior Protein after you do this workout. It is absolutely needed to replenish and build lean muscles.
Things I used in the video
1. A timer. Your phone’s clock will do just fine.
2. A Protein for post workout smoothies: I just mixed it with a glass of milk after I finished this
Here Is What You Do:
Please be aware of the modifications of each move done in the video.
- 30 Second Lunge Jumps – 20 Reverse lunges with High Knee on Right leg – 30 second Lunge Jumps – 20 Reverse lunges with High Knee on left leg
- 30 second plank jacks – 20 push-ups with side twist to the right side – 30 second plank jacks – 20 push-ups with side twist to the left side
- 30 Second squat jumps – 20 full squats with sidekick on right side – 30 second squat jumps – 20 full squats with sidekick on left side
- 30 Second plank jumps in/out – 20 hip touch downs – 30 seconds plank jumps in/out – 20 hip touch downs
- 30 Seconds high knees – 20 (or 10) Burpees – 30 seconds High knees – 20 (or 10) Burpees