Pancakes are always a delicious and fun breakfast option for the entire family. Your first instinct might be to grab the “just add water” processed mix at the grocery store but with a few ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry you can whip up a quick batch of pancakes, that are much more healthy, in no time.
Below is one of my favorite healthier ways to make pancakes that won’t swallow up your daily calorie allowance.
PB & J Pancakes
- 2½ cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup buttermilk powder,
- 5 tablespoons dried egg whites,
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1½ tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaxseed meal,
- 2 tablespoons of Sunwarrior protein powder.
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk
- ½ cup wheat bran, or oat bran
- 1½ cups nonfat milk
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1- 2 cups of peanut butter chips
- Ingredients for Strawberry-Maple Syrup
- ½ cup of Agave
- 1 cup of strawberry jam
- ¼ cup of fresh strawberries
- Note: if you do not have peanut butter chips, substitute a cup of peanut butter to the batter.
- Mix all of your pancake ingredients into a large bowl. Stir until large lumps disappear and mixture is somewhat smooth
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and add 2-3 tsp of extra virgin olive oil. Pour your batter into the skillet to cook like you would a regular pancake. I used a ½ measuring cup to try to make the same size pancakes.
- For the Jelly : Place all ingredients in a saucepan and gently heat on medium-low heat and stir occasionally. Serve warm over pancakes.
You can get your SUNWARRIOR PROTEIN HERE