If you want to “up” your fitness regimen you should try metabolic resistance training (MRT) to maximize your results. MRT is a type of resistance training that works to increase your metabolic rate so that you can burn more calories in a shorter amount of time.
Like any type of resistance training, MRT works because of your body’s ability to respond and adapt to any exercise stimuli placed on it. The following workout is a total body workout that you will LOVE
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED
- A Light Weight Dumbbell set. (5-8 pounds are great. You will know if it’s too heavy if you can’t quit lift it 8 times and you will know it’s too light if you can lift way more than 20)
- Water nearby in case you need it.
- A towel to wipe your sweat
HERE IS WHAT YOU DO
Complete moves 1 -4 20 times each (I did the Standing shoulder presses only 10 times because my weights were too heavy. After you completed all 4 exercises hold a plank (move #5) for 60 seconds then repeat the circuit 2 more times.
After you’ve done 3 rounds go on a 20 minute run.
Watch me do it below in the video
HERE ARE THE MOVES
1. Squats w/ Vertical Weight Extension
2. Standing Shoulder Press w/ Press Out
3. Turkish Get Up
4. V-Up w/ Criss Cross Down
** I will now be using the VINE platform to create an interactive Exercise Library. Click here to view the EXERCISE LIBRARY.